Brigantia Learning Trust was created in March 2014 as an ambitious partnership between local schools in the North East of Sheffield. At its core is Hinde House 3-16 School which was the first through school in the country in 2002.
The schools within the Trust are Wincobank Nursery & Infant (2-7), Concord Junior (7-11), Hinde House Primary (2-11) and Hinde House Secondary (11-16+); and are located on separate sites in very close proximity to each other.
We believe our understanding of local context, our long term commitment to the community, our mature understanding of partnership and our proven expertise means we can provide an outstanding education for local children.
We passionately believe in the following which underpins the work of our Trust:
- Local children have boundless potential and deserve the very best.
- A broad and rounded education so that all children are properly prepared to take their place in the world.
- Individual school identity, earned autonomy and each closely aligned to the community it serves. We do not believe in a 'one size fits all' model for schools.
- All schools striving to become and remaining outstanding.
- A seamless 0-19+ educational journey and experience for every child and parent/carer.
- That partnership works best when everyone shares the same ethos and goals, and commitment is over the long-term.
- That a partnership of local Sheffield schools is best placed to deliver educational excellence in our community now and in the future.
- Genuine partnership provides an opportunity to share innovation and best practice, streamline systems and approaches; and better use some resources when there is a clear educational benefit.
- The bedrock of the Trust is outstanding staff teams. We care about staff welfare and are committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting them through outstanding CPD and career development.
- We like to share, shun isolation and believe partnership brings capacity, expertise, support, challenge and strength.
- Other services for children and families can operate with and through our local Trust.
Our strap line creating excellence together has been carefully chosen as it reflects our commitment to continuous improvement and working together in genuine partnership.
If you would like to find out more, please contact me or visit our individual school websites below.
Chris French (Executive Principal - Brigantia Learning Trust)
Longley Park Sixth Form College
Longley Sixth Form College has submitted an application to become an academy and join Brigantia Learning Trust. Please see the documents below regarding this.